Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Shop With A Jock

Last night I had the amazing opportunity to join up with other athletes in the San Diego area and make a difference.  We had the honor of taking over two hundred underprivileged children from Boys and Girls Clubs and provided them with the opportunity to shop for gifts for their families and loved ones. The athletes were comprised of players from the San Diego Chargers, NFL Alumni, San Diego Padres, US Olympic Athletes, SDSU, USD, and many other local colleges.
After a dinner, and one heck of a dance competition, each athlete was then paired up with one child and set free in Target with a $100 gift card. My little Guys name was Julio, and and was a riot!!! As soon as I met him, I tried to ask him lots of questions about school, and sports, and his family.  However, Julio had different plans.  He was all business :) He wanted a game plan, mapped out what he wanted to get his whole family, and where he had to go to get it. So as long as I was on his heals, and he could hear the questions I was firing at him, he would answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment