Thursday, June 30, 2011

Everything Happens for a Reason

This past weekend I had the US Outdoor Nationals in Eugene, Oregon.  This competition decided who made the World Team that is to head to Daegu, Korea in August.  For the past three years this has been a huge goal of mine, topped only by my goal to make the Olympic Team next year.  As I said in my last blog, I have been battling an ankle injury since the end of indoor season, which only continued to worsen at the Nationals.  
I regrettably had to withdraw myself from the competition.  Somewhat of a setback, however, adversity is all apart of the job.  Thankfully I had plenty of family and friends there to support me and help provide perspective.  Now the time has come to get HEALTHY!!! I have surgery scheduled next wednesday on my ankle then back to rehabbing.  
Watch out 2012, I don't get mad. . . I get even :)

No comments:

Post a Comment